Identities, Communities and Mobility. Culture, Alterity and Interculturality. Citizenship and Human Rights.
PhD Degree (1986) in Social Sciences by Universidade Técncia de Lisboa. Full Professor and director of the Institute of Social Service of ULHT. Guest Professor, University of Lancashire (UK).
- Moreira, C. D. (2016). Teoria Social. Lisboa: Edições Lusófonas.
- Moreira, C. D. (2011). Identidade Nacional. Porto: Fronteira do Caos.
- Moreira, C. D. (2008). Pátria, Nação e Identidade. Lisboa: ISCPS-UTL.
- Moreira, C. D. (2008). Culturas Marítimas Portuguesas. Lisboa: Âncora Editora.
- Moreira, C. D. (2007). Teorias e Práticas de Investigação. Lisboa: ISCSP.
Main Research Projects
- IDENTIDADES PLURAIS NA UNIVERSIDADE: CATEGORIZAÇÃO E DIVERSIDADE DAS PRÁTICAS, Investigador Coordenador, 2006-2017.
- SOCIAL POLICIES AND LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, Investigador Coordenador, 2016-2017.
Current interests are in the areas of Language, Portuguese and Iberian Cultures.
PhD Degree in Portuguese Language and Culture, Bachelor of History, he is an Assistant Professor at the Lusófona University, professor at the Almeida Garrett Higher Education School and at the Cascais Theater Professional School.
He was President of the board of the Portuguese Language Society, from 1998 to 2001; founder and member of the board of directors of the Círculo Cultural Miguel Torga; founding partner of the Sociedade Africanológica de Língua Portuguesa; founding partner of the Círculo Cultural Miguel Torga; member of the Portuguese Writers Association; deputy director of the newspaper Artes e Letras and cultural consultant of the Association of Former Students of Coimbra in Lisbon.
At ULHT, he was founder and coordinator of the scientific-literary collection “Meia Hora de Leitura”, in partnership with Victor de Sá and Manuel Antunes. From 1994-1999 he was responsible for the “Noite das Artes” – closing show of the Conference on Education and Culture of the Municipality of Cascais. As a promoter of Portuguese poetry, poet and essayist, “Poesia para Todos” stands out for three consecutive years on stage in the auditorium of the IPDJ, from 1999 to 2002.
He is the Director of the Centro de Estudos da Lusofonia Agostinho da Silva and the Miguel de Unamuno Iberian Studies Office, at the Lusofona University.
- Carranca, C. (2015). Da Ibérica. Figueira da Foz: Ed. Talentilicius.
- Carranca, C. (2015). Unamuno e Torga, poetas da Ibéria. Figueira da Foz: Ed. Talentilicius.
- Carranca, C. (2014). O(s) Rosto(s) da Europa: a Ideia da Europa no Diário XVI de Miguel Torga. RUA-L: Revista da Universidade de Aveiro, 1 (2.ª série), 31-38.
- Carranca, C. (2014a). Da importância jurídica do sentimento Quid Juris (posfácio). In P. F. Cunha, Desvendar o Direito: Iniciação ao saber jurídico (pp. 229-231). Lisboa: Sociedade Editorial.
- Carranca, C. (2012). O Casticismo em Unamuno e Torga. Coimbra: Ed. Minerva.
Modeling and simulation organizational strategy through the approach of Systems Dynamics; Systemic thinking and management modeling and learning implications; Balanced Scorecard and effects on strategic learning; The dynamic Balanced Scorecard; Simulation as a teaching and learning tool in the field of management; Policies from the perspective of the energy efficiency industry.
PhD Degree in Management (ISCTE), master’s degree in Business Sciences (ISCTE) and degree in Mechanical Engineering (IST). Currently lecturer at the European University and Lusophone University (ULHT), and Board Member at Galp Energia.
He began his activity as a researcher in the area of Nuclear Plant Engineering (LNETI). Later, he held several positions at academia, namely in IST and ISG. At the same time, he developed a business management career as well as management training and consulting activities. He is a specialist in Modeling and Strategic Learning, with research and several national and international publications in this field.
- Capelo, C.; Lopes A. & Mata A. (2015). A Simulation-Based Approach for Teaching the Systems Perspective of Strategic Performance Management. Accounting Education: an international journal, 24(1), 1-26.
- Capelo, C.; Lopes A. I. & Mata A. (2012). Teaching the Balanced Scorecard through Simulation. In D. G. Sampson; J. M. Spector; D. Ifenthaler & Isaías P. (Eds.), Proceedings of the IADIS international conference on cognition and exploratory learning in the digital age (pp. 213-220). IADIS: Madrid.
- Capelo, C.; Dias, J. (2009). A Feedback Learning and Mental Models Perspective on Strategic Decision Making. Educational Technology Research & Development, 57, 629-644.
- Capelo, C. & Dias, J. (2009). A System Dynamics-Based Simulation Experiment for Testing Mental Model and Performance Effects of Using the Balanced Scorecard. System Dynamics Review, 25, 1-34.
- Capelo, C. & Dias, J. (2008). Exploring the Role of Mental Models in Strategic Decision Making. In Kinshuk, D. G. Sampson, J. M. Spector, P. Isaías, & D. Ifenthaler (Eds.), Proceedings of the IADIS international conference on cognition and exploratory learning in the digital age (pp. 10-17). IADIS: Freiburg, Germany.
Main Research Projects
- MODELAÇÃO DE AVALIAÇÃO DE POLÍTICAS DE ENERGIA ATRAVÉS DA ABORDAGEM DA DINÂMICA DE SISTEMAS; Investigadores: Carlos Capelo (CPES/ULHT), João Ferreira Dias, Renato Pereira (ISCTE)
- ENSINO DO BSC ATRAVÉS DE SIMULAÇÃO; Investigadores: Carlos Capelo (CPES/ULHT), Ana Isabel Lopes (ISCTE); Ana Mata (ULHT)
- FACILITAÇÃO DO PENSAMENTO SISTÉMICO E IMPACTO NA APRENDIZAGEM ESTRATÉGICA DOS GESTORES; Investigadores: Carlos Capelo (CPES/ULHT), João Ferreiras Dias (ISCTE)
- ANÁLISE DA EFICÁCIA DA ABORDAGEM DO BALANCED SCORECARD, ATRAVÉS DE MODELAÇÃO E SIMULAÇÃO. Investigadores: Carlos Capelo (CPES/ULHT), João Ferreiras Dias (ISCTE)