He holds a PhD degree in Finance from ISCTE (2008), MSc in Actuarial and Financial Risk Management from ISEG (1995) and BA in Economics from UNL (1992).
Associate Professor of the School of Economic Sciences and Organizations at ULHT and Guest Adjunct Professor of ISCAL.
His research on financial economics is published in a number of national and international journals, including the Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Research in International Business and Finance, the Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Applied Financial Economics, Investment Management and Financial Innovations, in the International Research Journal of Financeand Economics and in the International Research Journal of Finance and Business.
CMVM collaborator since 1994, currently serving as Senior Financial Economist in the Research Office. In this institution, in addition to being the executive coordinator of the Porto Delegation, he was a technician from the Research Office and the Secondary Markets Division.
- Alves, P.; Couto, E. & Francisco, P. (2016). Executive Pay and Performance in Portuguese Listed Companies. Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37, issue C, 184-195.
- Alves, P.; Couto, E. B. & Francisco, P. M. (2015). Board of directors’ composition and capital structure. Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), 1-32.
- Alves, P. & Francisco, P. (2015). The impact of institutional environment on the capital structure of firms during recent financial crises. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), 129-146.
- Alves, P. & Ferreira, M. A. (2011). Capital structure and law around the world. Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, Vol. 21, No. 3, 119-150.
- Alpalhão, R. & Alves, P. (2005). The portuguese equity risk premium: what we know and what we don’t know. Applied Financial Economics, Vol. 15, 489-498.
Main Research Projects
- ESSAYS ON CAPITAL MARKETS, Projeto de Doutoramento (2001-2007).
- LINHA DE INVESTIGAÇÃO SOBRE FINANÇAS EMPRESARIAIS E GOVERNO SOCIETÁRIO (2005-2016).