Degree in Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning and PhD degree in Urban and Environmental Planning from the University of Hannover / Germany (2001). Since 2005 he is professor of Urban Ecology and Landscape Design in the Masters and PhD Programs in Urbanism of the Universidade Lusófona and member of the CPES. He is the general coordinator of Project CyberParks (COST Action TU1306). From his curriculum there are several publications in specialized magazines in Portuguese, German, English and Italian.
- Smaniotto Costa, C. & Rocha do Pilar, E. (2016). The appropriation and transformation of Landscape: the urbanisation process resulting from the cultivation of the erva mate in Paraná (Brazil). International Planning Studies, 21 (2): 191-206.
- Smaniotto Costa, C. & Menezes, M. (2016). A agregação das tecnologias de informação e comunicação ao espaço público urbano. Reflexões em torno do projeto CyberParks – COST TU 1306. urbe. Revista Brasileira de Gestão Urbana, 8 (3): 332-344.
- Smaniotto Costa, C. (2016). A Framework for Guiding the Management of Low-impact Mobility towards Making Room for Sustainable Urban Green Infrastructure. Journal of Traffic and Logistics Engineering, 1 (4): 74-82.
- Klichowski, M.; Bonanno, P.; Jaskulska, S.; Smaniotto Costa, C.; De Lange, M. & Klauser, F. (2015). Cyber Parks as a new context for Smart Education: theoretical background, assumptions, and pre-service teachers’ rating. American Journal of Educational Research. Vol. 3, No. 12A: 1-10.
- Smaniotto Costa, C.; Norton, C., Hoyer, J. & Salminen, O. (2015). Water as an Element of Urban Design: Drawing Lessons from Four European Case Studies. In W. Leal Filho & V. Sumer (Eds.) Sustainable Water Use and Management: Examples of New Approaches and Perspectives (pp. 17-43). London: Springer.
Main Research Projects
- CYBERPARKS – FOSTERING KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES AND PUBLIC SPACES (European Cooperation in Science and Tecnology – Action TU1306), overall scientific and administrative coordination- 04/2015 – 04/2018http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/tud/TU1306
- MAPPING-OUT WI-FI PROVISION IN LISBON PUBLIC OPEN SPACES – CeiED – 01/2015 – 01/2016.
- GREENKEYS – URBAN GREEN AS A KEY FOR SUSTAINABLE CITIES – Interreg CADSES – 2008 – 2014. www.greenkeys-project.eu