PhD Degree in Management (ISCTE), master’s degree in Business Sciences (ISCTE) and degree in Mechanical Engineering (IST). Currently lecturer at the European University and Lusophone University (ULHT), and Board Member at Galp Energia.
He began his activity as a researcher in the area of Nuclear Plant Engineering (LNETI). Later, he held several positions at academia, namely in IST and ISG. At the same time, he developed a business management career as well as management training and consulting activities. He is a specialist in Modeling and Strategic Learning, with research and several national and international publications in this field.
- Capelo, C.; Lopes A. & Mata A. (2015). A Simulation-Based Approach for Teaching the Systems Perspective of Strategic Performance Management. Accounting Education: an international journal, 24(1), 1-26.
- Capelo, C.; Lopes A. I. & Mata A. (2012). Teaching the Balanced Scorecard through Simulation. In D. G. Sampson; J. M. Spector; D. Ifenthaler & Isaías P. (Eds.), Proceedings of the IADIS international conference on cognition and exploratory learning in the digital age (pp. 213-220). IADIS: Madrid.
- Capelo, C.; Dias, J. (2009). A Feedback Learning and Mental Models Perspective on Strategic Decision Making. Educational Technology Research & Development, 57, 629-644.
- Capelo, C. & Dias, J. (2009). A System Dynamics-Based Simulation Experiment for Testing Mental Model and Performance Effects of Using the Balanced Scorecard. System Dynamics Review, 25, 1-34.
- Capelo, C. & Dias, J. (2008). Exploring the Role of Mental Models in Strategic Decision Making. In Kinshuk, D. G. Sampson, J. M. Spector, P. Isaías, & D. Ifenthaler (Eds.), Proceedings of the IADIS international conference on cognition and exploratory learning in the digital age (pp. 10-17). IADIS: Freiburg, Germany.
Main Research Projects
- MODELAÇÃO DE AVALIAÇÃO DE POLÍTICAS DE ENERGIA ATRAVÉS DA ABORDAGEM DA DINÂMICA DE SISTEMAS; Investigadores: Carlos Capelo (CPES/ULHT), João Ferreira Dias, Renato Pereira (ISCTE)
- ENSINO DO BSC ATRAVÉS DE SIMULAÇÃO; Investigadores: Carlos Capelo (CPES/ULHT), Ana Isabel Lopes (ISCTE); Ana Mata (ULHT)
- FACILITAÇÃO DO PENSAMENTO SISTÉMICO E IMPACTO NA APRENDIZAGEM ESTRATÉGICA DOS GESTORES; Investigadores: Carlos Capelo (CPES/ULHT), João Ferreiras Dias (ISCTE)
- ANÁLISE DA EFICÁCIA DA ABORDAGEM DO BALANCED SCORECARD, ATRAVÉS DE MODELAÇÃO E SIMULAÇÃO. Investigadores: Carlos Capelo (CPES/ULHT), João Ferreiras Dias (ISCTE)