CICPRIS will host an International Conference on New Political Movements in Portugal and Europe, on the 21st of May, at 9h30, at Agostinho da Silva Auditorium, at ULHT Campus, in Lisbon. Moderated by João de Almeida Santos, dean of FCSEA and Researcher in charge of CICPRIS, the panel will count with Manuel Anselmi, Perugia University, José Manuel Sánchez Duarte, King Juan Carlos University-Madrid, Bernardo Ivo Cruz, True Bridge Consultancy, and José Filipe Pinto, Lusófona University.
Framed as part of the research program about New Political Movements, this conference represents a further step on the process on the public debate about this important and current issue, with specialists form Portugal and abroad. These political movements are an alternative to the traditional political models, currently in crisis, serving as critical response to the system. Also, they are based on self-organizing and self-mobilizing citizenship movements that have appeared after the development of new Information and communication technology (ICT), and social networks.
CPES will organize the Interantional Conference “Sustainability from an Economic and Social Perspective”, on November 15th and 16th, in Lisbon. The event is a partnership with the 35th International Scientific Conference on Economic and Social Development, CICPRIS – Universidade Lusofona, GOVCOPP – Universidade de Aveiro, University North and Faculty of Management University of Warsaw.
The first call for papers is open until September 5th. Abstract submissions must be in English and it should have between 250 and 300 words. Accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings, but a selection of the best papers about Sustainability from an Economic and Social Perspective will be published on CPES Journal, Fluxos & Riscos.
Innovation and Organizational Development; Organizational Culture and Learning activities; Social Inclusion through Sport.
PhD Student in Physical Education and Sports at FEFD-UTLH (since 2016). Master in Sociology of Sport, Organization and Development, FEFD-ULHT (since 2015). Degree in Physical Education and Sports, with Specialization of Sports Training, FEFD-ULHT (2015).
Trainer in the areas of Sports Marketing, Strategies of Development of Sports Organizations, Communication Plans in Sport and Funding and Sponsorship in Sport at the Sporting Training Academy (SCP-STA), (since 2017).
Coach Level 1 International by United WorldWrestling (UWW) in partnership with Olympic Solidarity and International Olympic Committee (since 2016).
Member of the International Network of Wrestling Researchers (since 2015).
- Pedro, S. & Costa, J. (2015). Simultaneity of Professional Practice and Formal Education- An Auto-Ethnographic Contribute for Research on Coaches’ Knowledge Construction. In Revista Española de Educación Física y Deportes, 410 (Supl.), 3er Trimestre, 200.
- Pedro, S. (2016). Athletes Engagement, Resilience and Rate of Perceived Exertion on Portuguese National and International Level Wrestlers. International Journal of Wrestling Science, 6, 5-10.
Main Research Projects
- PROJETO DESPORTO COM SENTIDO, co-financiado pela Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian, no âmbito do Programa Cidadania Ativa – EEA Grants, promovido pela Associação de Paralisia Cerebral de Almada Seixal [APCAS] e tendo como parceiros, a Direcção Geral de Educação [DGE], a Câmara Municipal do Seixal [CMS] e a Faculdade de Motricidade Humana [FMH]. Membro da equipa de investigação (2016).
- INOVAÇÃO E DESENVOLVIMENTO ESTRATÉGICO NAS ORGANIZAÇÕES DESPORTIVAS: MAINSTREAMING E MUDANÇA SOCIAL. Projeto de dissertação de mestrado em Sociologia do Desporto, Organização e Desenvolvimento da FEFD-ULHT. Orientação: Professora Salomé Marivoet (desde 2016).
- DESPORTO, INOVAÇÃO, INCLUSÃO E DESENVOLVIMENTO LOCAL. ANÁLISE CULTURAL ECOLÓGICO-MULTINÍVEL EM CLUBES DESPORTIVOS E POPULAÇÃO ENVOLVENTE NA CIDADE DE LISBOA. Projeto de dissertação de doutoramento submetido à FCT. Orientação: Professores Salomé Marivoet e Rui Duarte Moura (2017)