CPES will organize the Interantional Conference “Sustainability from an Economic and Social Perspective”, on November 15th and 16th, in Lisbon. The event is a partnership with the 35th International Scientific Conference on Economic and Social Development, CICPRIS – Universidade Lusofona, GOVCOPP – Universidade de Aveiro, University North and Faculty of Management University of Warsaw.
The first call for papers is open until September 5th. Abstract submissions must be in English and it should have between 250 and 300 words. Accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings, but a selection of the best papers about Sustainability from an Economic and Social Perspective will be published on CPES Journal, Fluxos & Riscos.
Innovation and Organizational Development; Organizational Culture and Learning activities; Social Inclusion through Sport.
PhD Student in Physical Education and Sports at FEFD-UTLH (since 2016). Master in Sociology of Sport, Organization and Development, FEFD-ULHT (since 2015). Degree in Physical Education and Sports, with Specialization of Sports Training, FEFD-ULHT (2015).
Trainer in the areas of Sports Marketing, Strategies of Development of Sports Organizations, Communication Plans in Sport and Funding and Sponsorship in Sport at the Sporting Training Academy (SCP-STA), (since 2017).
Coach Level 1 International by United WorldWrestling (UWW) in partnership with Olympic Solidarity and International Olympic Committee (since 2016).
Member of the International Network of Wrestling Researchers (since 2015).
- Pedro, S. & Costa, J. (2015). Simultaneity of Professional Practice and Formal Education- An Auto-Ethnographic Contribute for Research on Coaches’ Knowledge Construction. In Revista Española de Educación Física y Deportes, 410 (Supl.), 3er Trimestre, 200.
- Pedro, S. (2016). Athletes Engagement, Resilience and Rate of Perceived Exertion on Portuguese National and International Level Wrestlers. International Journal of Wrestling Science, 6, 5-10.
Main Research Projects
- PROJETO DESPORTO COM SENTIDO, co-financiado pela Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian, no âmbito do Programa Cidadania Ativa – EEA Grants, promovido pela Associação de Paralisia Cerebral de Almada Seixal [APCAS] e tendo como parceiros, a Direcção Geral de Educação [DGE], a Câmara Municipal do Seixal [CMS] e a Faculdade de Motricidade Humana [FMH]. Membro da equipa de investigação (2016).
- INOVAÇÃO E DESENVOLVIMENTO ESTRATÉGICO NAS ORGANIZAÇÕES DESPORTIVAS: MAINSTREAMING E MUDANÇA SOCIAL. Projeto de dissertação de mestrado em Sociologia do Desporto, Organização e Desenvolvimento da FEFD-ULHT. Orientação: Professora Salomé Marivoet (desde 2016).
- DESPORTO, INOVAÇÃO, INCLUSÃO E DESENVOLVIMENTO LOCAL. ANÁLISE CULTURAL ECOLÓGICO-MULTINÍVEL EM CLUBES DESPORTIVOS E POPULAÇÃO ENVOLVENTE NA CIDADE DE LISBOA. Projeto de dissertação de doutoramento submetido à FCT. Orientação: Professores Salomé Marivoet e Rui Duarte Moura (2017)
Migrations; Social Inclusion; Disability, Aging / Elderly people.
Specialist degree in the area of Social Service (2005) from ULHT, Master in Intercultural Relations within the scope of Sociology of Migration from Universidade Aberta de Lisboa (1998). Degree in Public Management and Administration – Human Resources from ISCSP-UTL-UL (1988), and in Social Services from the ISSSL ( 1982). Lecturer since 1999 on undergrad and Master courses in Social Services at ULHT. She was also a professor at the School of Health of Alcoitão – SCML / ISCISA Moçambique (2012); Piaget-Almada Institute (2006/2008); School of Health of Alcoitão (1998/2003). In the associative area she was Vice-President of the Portuguese Association for Social Work (2006/2012); Secretary General of the Portuguese Association of Solidarity and Development (2008/2010); General Secretary of the Association “Migrant Women – Association for Study, Solidarity and Cooperation” (2000-2002). Director of the Disability Support Unit since 2013 and Director of the Directorate of Decentralized Establishments and Disability Support (2012/2013); In her professional activity she held several management positions, in particular in the Ministry of Social Security and Labor (2002/2007); and in SCML beginning in 1988.
- Desmet, L. (2016). Re (Inserção do cidadão deficiente visual na Comunidade. In V Encontro Internacional de Trabajo Social e Rehabilitacion Sociocupacional (559-571 pp.) Havana: Edition Sociedad Cubana de Trabajadores Sociales de la Salud.
- Desmet, L. (Coord.) (2015). Envelhecer no Estrangeiro: Retalhos de Vida. Lisboa: SCML/MNE-DGACCP.
- Desmet, L. et al (Coord.) (2013) Receitas de vida…. Sentimentos com Lisboa: SCML.
- Desmet, L. (2011). Contributo para uma reflexão: Empreendedorismo na Imigração. In Pessoas Grandes em Sítios Pequenos (pp.19-24). Lisboa: SCML.
- Desmet, L. (2011). Contributos para uma reflexão: Empreendedorismo nas Migrações. In Encontro de Mulheres Portuguesas na Diáspora, Mulher Migrante-Associação de Estudo e Cooperação e Solidariedade (pp.83-86), Edição Mulher Migrante, Espinho.
Main Research Interests
- Projeto de Tese APOIO SOCIOECONÓMICO AOS EMIGRANTES PORTUGUESES (2012-2016).